- The 6th Trilateral Consultative Meeting on Consumer Policy was held in Tokyo –...
- The 6th Consultative Meeting on Consumer Policy among China, Japan and the Republic of Korea (ROK) was held on 3~4 July, 2014 in Tokyo, Japan. The delegation from the State Administration for Industry and Commerce of the People’s Republic of China, the Consumer Affairs Agency of Japan and the Fair Trade Commission of the ROK attended the Meeting. The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) participated in this meeting as an observer. The three parties exchanged information on recent consumer policies, enforcement and consumer problems of elderly people. They also discussed cross-border consumer complaints. As a result, they reached an agreement to conduct a feasibility study on a functioning mechanism to handle cross-border consumer complaints among the three parties. Consequently, the three parties agreed to appoint appropriate persons in charge in each country for the purpose of continuing to discuss establishment of a comprehensive network for handling cross-border consumer complaints. The 7th meeting will be held in the ROK in 2016. The 6th Trilateral Consultative Meeting on Consumer Policy Group Photo
- Announcement for the YAP 2014 Interview Candidates
- Dear YAP applicants, Thank you for your interest and support for this year’s Young Ambassador Program (YAP). We have received substantial number of application this year. However, due to limited quota of people in this year’s program, we are not able to provide more opportunities for all promising candidates. The YAP recruitment team appreciates the time you invested in your application and wishes for your continued support for YAP in the future. After careful evaluation of each application, the TCS is pleased to announce the list of candidates eligible to be interviewed between the dates from 10-16 July 2014. The names of eligible candidates can be seen in the alphabetical list hereunder. Name Country University 1 Abdurakhmonova Rukhsora Uzbekistan Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University 2 Gao Jingyu China Communication University of China 3 Han Yun China Johns Hopkins University 4 Hong Yu-rah ROK Tsinghua University 5 Hu Yue China Fudan University 6 Hur Eun-jeong ROK Georgetown University 7 Im Hong-ryung ROK Pusan National University 8 Manuel Jeffrey Ordaniel Sistoso Philippines Japan National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies 9 Kang Xiang China Fudan University 10 Kim Jun-hi ROK Waseda University 11 Lee Kwang-ho ROK University of Cambridge 12 Kwon Ji-won ROK Hanyang University 13 Lasse Jygert Denmark Yonsei University 14 Lee Chang-sub ROK Seoul National University 15 Lee Do-kee ROK Brown University 16 Lee Jaeik ROK Yonsei University 17 LEE Jung-seo ROK Hankuk University of Foreign studies 18 Leigh Yu-ri ROK Seoul National University 19 Lin Shuang China Columbia University 20 Lin Yizhen China Seoul National University 21 Lv Yao China Yonsei Univeristy 22 Mao Qi China Kobe University 23 Nien Yuhua China (Taiwan) National Taiwan University 24 Park Ji-woon ROK University of California, Los Angeles 25 Park Kyo-yeon ROK Georgetown University 26 Park Young-eun ROK University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 27 Qin Xiaochuan China University of California, Berkeley 28 TAN Lii Inn Malaysia Korea University 29 Wu Cuiting China Peking University 30 Yang Hye-min ROK Seoul National University Information regarding the interview is as follows: • Interview Dates: 10-16 July 2014 • Duration: 20-25 minutes • Venue: TCS conference room (only for candidates based in Seoul) * Those who reside outside Seoul are required to have a video interview via skype • Language: English * Date and format of interview for each candidate will be individually notified.* The names of successful candidates as a result of the interview will be announced on TCS website. * The name list of eligible Japanese candidates will be announced later.We congratulate the eligible candidates and wish them success.
- TCS participated in the 6th Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduc...
- The 6th Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) was convened from June 22-26, 2014 in Bangkok, Thailand. The conference was jointly hosted by the Royal Thai Government and United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR). The conference, which focuses on the theme “Promoting Investment for Resilient Nations and Communities”, has drawn over 3,000 governmental and ministerial-level delegations, as well as representatives from intergovernmental and international organizations from 63 countries to discuss challenges and good practice of disaster risk reduction (DRR) and sustainable development in the region and the world at large. The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) delegation, headed by director of political affairs Mr. Lee Dae-joong, participated in the AMCDRR and had bilateral meetings with UN agencies including UNISDR, as well as Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand and UNOCHA and disaster management related ministries of China, Japan and ROK. AMCDRR sessions Meeting with Mr. Oliver Lacey-Hall, head of Regional Office of Asia-Pacific of UNOCHA Meeting with official of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
- SG IWATANI Shigeo Attended Boao Forum for Asia Conference – 2014.06.28-29
- Secretary-General IWATANI Shigeo attended a conference held by Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) with the theme “Infrastructure Connectivity in Asia: The Financing Challenge “ on June 28-29, 2014 in Beijing, China, and spoke as a panelist in the session entitled “Infrastructure Connectivity in Asia: Vision, Planning & Constraints.” In the session, SG IWATANI reiterated that there are geopolitical obstacles to enhance infrastructure connectivity in Northeast Asia though there is a great potential for such cooperation. In order to move forward from the current difficulties, he emphasized that it is important to facilitate coordination among the governments of China, Japan and the ROK as well as among regional institutions, and to draw a grand design for the region-wide connectivity and common development. During his stay in Beijing, SG IWATANI also participated in other events. He met with Ambassador ZHOU Wenzhong, Secretary-General of BFA Secretariat and had a discussion on possible cooperation between the two secretariats. SG IWATANI visited China Foreign Affairs University (CFAU) and gave a special lecture on trilateral cooperation as the 1st lecture of CFAU’s Trilateral Cooperation Lecture Series. Also, SG IWATANI had a meeting with President ZHAO Jinjun of CFAU to exchange ideas on deepening cooperation between TCS and CFAU. The two sides signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). SG IWATANI paid a visit to ASEAN-China Center (ACC), and had discussions with Secretary-General Mr. MA Mingqiang on carrying out collaboration between TCS and ACC as well as TCS’ participation in the ASEAN Plus Three framework. Also, SG IWATANI visited Renmin University of China and had a meeting with former president Mr. JI Baocheng to propose TCS’ ideas on promoting 808 commonly used Chinese characters, which is the outcome of Northeast Asia Trilateral Forum, as well as the joint research project conducted by the scholars from China, Japan and ROK. SG IWATANI attending the BFA Conference SG IWATANI meeting with Ambassador ZHOU Wenzhong, Secretary-General of BFA Secretariat Lecture at CFAU SG IWATANI giving a lecture at CFAU SG IWATANI meeting with President ZHAO Jinjun SG IWATANI and ASEAN-China Center SG Mr. MA Mingqiang SG IWATANI and former president of Renmin University Mr. JI Baocheng
- TCS signed the first MoU with China Foreign Affairs University – 2014.06.26
- On June 26, 2014, the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) signed an Memorandum of Understanding with China Foreign Affairs University (CFAU) to enhance interaction and cooperation in promoting trilateral cooperation among China, Japan and ROK. Based on the existing cooperation and exchange between the TCS and CFAU, the two parties agreed to further collaboration in undertaking mutual visit, joint project as well as information exchange. The MoU was signed on the occasion of SG Iwatani’s visit to CFAU new campus, and is the first-ever MoU signed by the TCS with other organization.TCS signed its first-ever MoU with China Foreign Affairs University TCS Secretary-General Iwatani Shigeo and CFAU President Mr. Zhao Jinjun shook hands after signing the MoU.
EVENT NOTICE:TCS Lecture Series, "Three Strands of Asia" Fifth Lecture - 2014.07.17
- The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) holds its monthly lecture series “Three Strands of Asia” starting in February, 2014. The lecture series bring together experts of China, Japan and Korea to explain compelling aspects of the cultures and societies of the three countries from a comparative perspective. Fifth Lecture “Tea Cultures of China, Japan and Korea” Speaker: Ms. MURAMATSU Kanako, Chief Representative, Urasenke Seoul Branch Date: July 17, 2014 (THU) Time: 2:00 PM- 4:00 PM Venue: Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat Conference Room Language: Japanese (Japanese-Korean Interpretation Provided) Availability: Open to general public RSVP with your name and affiliation required TCS Contact: Soo Young YANG (email@example.com) * The registration is free and on the first-come, first-serve basis. Those who wish to participate are highly recommended to send an email to the TCS to reserve a spot.