- DSG Chen Feng Visited Korea Research Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology - 2...
- DSG Chen Feng visited Korea Research Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology (KRIBB) on September 16, 2014 in Daejeon. Dr. KWAK Sang-Soo, Director of Plant Systems Engineering Research Center of KRIBB and Secretary General of Trilateral Research Association of Sweet Potato (TRAS), introduced the trilateral exchanges on sweet potato researches.Sweet Potato is the 7th largest food crop in the world, and about 74% of global production comes from China, Japan and the ROK. Scientists of the three countries launched the regular Trilateral Sweet Potato Workshop in 2004, and established the TRAS in 2012, with participants from China Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO) of Japan and KRIBB. The CJK scientists share the same vision for the general advancement of sweet potato in terms of food, energy, environment and health security in the three countries as well as in the region. Group photo with researchers from KRIBB
- TCS participated in “KOREA-JAPAN Festival 2014 in Seoul” - 2014.09.14
- TCS participated in the 10th anniversary of “KOREA-JAPAN Festival 2014 in Seoul” held at Coex, Seoul, on September 14, 2014 and ran its promotion booth with the exhibition on TCS activities, fan decorating workshop and tea ceremony. More than 300 people of different ages and diverse nationalities enjoyed the fan decorating workshop, drawing their original images of the trilateral cooperation. TCS also provided more than 20 kinds of teas from China, Japan and Korea at the tea ceremony with the aim to deepen general public’s understanding of common cultures of the three countries. KOREA-JAPAN Festival is one of the largest cultural exchanges between Korea and Japan supported by the two governments. This year’s festival brought record‐breaking 50,000 visitors and offered various traditional as well as popular culture performances. TCS promotion boothTCS information desk Tea ceremony Fan decorating workshop Drawing the wish for trilateral cooperation
- DSG Chen Feng and Lee Jong-heon participated in Academic Conference on Trilatera...
- On 12 September, 2014, Deputy Secretary-General Chen Feng and Lee Jong-heon attended the academic conference on trilateral cooperation at Kookmin University. The conference, jointly hosted by Northeast Asian History Foundation and Kookmin University, gathered renowned scholars from the three countries to academically examine how to overcome conflicts for the compatible coexistence of Korea, China and Japan and to seek feasible solutions thereupon. DSG Chen Feng made a congratulatory remarks at the conference. Group photo
EVENT NOTICE:TCS Lecture Series, 'Three Strands of Asia' Sixth Lecture - 2014.09.23
- The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) holds its monthly lecture series “Three Strands of Asia” starting in February, 2014. The lecture series bring together experts of China, Japan and Korea to explain compelling aspects of the cultures and societies of the three countries from a comparative perspective. Sixth Lecture “Appreciation of Calligraphy in China, Japan and Korea” Speaker: Mr. YE Xin, Calligraphic artist and lecturer of Chinese Cultural Center in Seoul Date: Sep 23, 2014 (TUE) Time: 2:00 PM- 4:00 PM Venue: Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat Conference Room Language: Korean Availability: Open to general public RSVP with your name and affiliation required TCS Contact: Soo Young YANG (email@example.com) * The registration is free and on the first-come, first-serve basis. Those who wish to participate are highly recommended to send an email to the TCS to reserve a spot. Location: Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat, S-Tower 20th FL
- TCS Delegation Paid a Courtesy Visit to the National Assembly of the Republic of...
- The TCS delegation, headed by Secretary-General IWATANI Shigeo visited the National Assembly of the Republic of Korea (ROK) and exchanged views on trilateral cooperation with the Speaker CHUNG Ui-hua. Secretary-General IWATANI explained various ongoing projects and activities initiated by TCS to promote trilateral cooperation. Mr. CHUNG highlighted that the objective of the trilateral cooperation should be to enhance peace in Northeast Asia and develop the region into an integrated community like EU in the future, and suggested the encouragement of trilateral cooperation in the areas including parliamentary exchange, culture and history. SG IWATANI and the Speaker CHUNG exchanging views on trilateral cooperation
- 5th Round of CJK FTA Negotiations was held in Beijing, China – 2014.09.01-05
- The 5th round of the CJK FTA negotiations was held in Beijing, China from September 1 to 5, 2014. The three delegations headed by Mr. Wang Shouwen, Assistant Minister of Commerce of China; Mr. Nagamine Yasumasa, Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan; and Mr. Woo Tae-hee, Assistant Minister for Trade and Chief Negotiator for FTAs, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy of the ROK discussed, among others, the negotiation guidelines as well as the scope of the negotiations. At this round, the three Parties agreed to establish three new working groups in areas of environment, e-commerce and cooperation. It was agreed that the 6th round of the CJK FTA negotiations will be held in Japan around the end of November, 2014. (From left to right) Mr. Woo Tae-hee, Assistant Minister for Trade and Chief Negotiator for FTAs, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy of the ROK; Mr. Wang Shouwen, Assistant Minister of Commerce of China; Mr. Nagamine Yasumasa, Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan