- SG IWATANI Shigeo Paid an Outreach Visit to EU - 2014.11.15-19
- Secretary-General Iwatani Shigeo paid an outreach visit to EU on Nov. 15th to 19th, 2014, with an aim to learning the experience of EU integration process as well as strengthening relationship between the TCS and EU. SG Iwatani visited the European External Action Service (EEAS) and met with Mr. Gerhard SABATHIL (Director of East Asia and the Pacific) and other officials in charge of EU relations with Northeast Asia. SG Iwatani introduced the recent development of trilateral cooperation as well as the latest situation in Northeast Asia. The two sides agreed to strength cooperation particularly in sharing the experience of Erasmus Program and CAMPUS Asia Program. SG Iwatani visited European Institute for Asian Studies (EIAS) and had a fruitful discussion with Mr. Glyn Ford, Executive Director and board member of EIAS. SG Iwatani emphasized that it is important to give full play to the role of leading think-tanks in promoting trilateral cooperation and expressed his hope that the TCS and EIAS can conduct cooperation in this regard. SG Iwatani also participated in the 17th Japan-EU Conference and gave a presentation on trilateral cooperation and its role in cultivating multilateralism in East Asia. The presentation drew keen attention of the participants, who applauded the contributive efforts of trilateral cooperation in promoting regional integration. Meeting with officials of East Asian Directorate of EEAS Meeting with Mr. Glyn Ford, Executive Director and board member of EIAS SG Iwatani gave a presentation at the 17th Japan-EU Conference
- 7th Tripartite Health Ministers’ Meeting was held in Beijing - 2014.11.23
- The 7th Tripartite Health Ministers’ Meeting was held in Beijing, China on November 23, 2014. The Meeting was presided by Ms. LI Bin, Minister of National Health and Family Planning Commission of the People’s Republic of China with the participation of Mr. SHIOZAKI Yasuhisa, Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan and Mr. Moon Hyung Pyo, Minister of Health and Welfare of the Republic of Korea. Mr. LEE Jong-heon, Deputy Secretary-General of the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) as well as Dr. SHIN Young-soo, Regional Director of World Health Organization, West Pacific Regional Office (WHO-WPRO) participated as observers. At the meeting, the three Ministers reviewed the progress and achievement of trilateral cooperation on health and welfare, discussing the further cooperation on the agendas of response against Ebola Virus Disease outbreak, Prevention and Control of Non-Communicable Diseases, Universal Health Coverage. They adopted the Joint Statement of the Seventh Tripartite Health Ministers Meeting and the Joint Statement of the Seventh Tripartite Health Ministers Meeting for the Preparedness and Response of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak. On behalf of the TCS, Deputy Secretary-General LEE Jong-heon delivered keynote speech at the beginning of the meeting, briefing the progress of trilateral cooperation and introducing TCS’ ongoing activities to highlight the importance of facilitating the trilateral cooperation on health and welfare. He also emphasized that the TCS is fully committed to supporting the Trilateral Health Ministers’ Meeting. After the meeting, “Trilateral Healthy Ageing Society Forum” took place as the sideline event of the 7th Tripartite Health Ministers’ Meeting. Delegations from the three countries made the presentations under the themes of “Policies and best practices of aged care service development” and “How does health system respond to the population ageing?” The next meeting will be held in Japan, 2015. The 7th Tripartite Health Ministers’ Meeting in progressMr. LEE Jong-heon, Deputy Secretary-General of the TCSTrilateral Healthy Ageing Society Forum, side event of the 7th MeetingAttachment:1. Joint Statement of The Seventh Tripartite Health Ministers Meeting2. Joint Statement of The Seventh Tripartite Health Ministers Meeting for the Preparedness and Response of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak
EVENT NOTICE:3rd Monthly Lecture of TCS LOUPE - 2014.12.20
- The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) holds its monthly lecture series, TCS LOUPE starting from October, 2014. LOUPE stands for ‘Lecture on Uncovering Panoramic East Asia’. The lecture series bring together experts of China, Japan and Korea to explain compelling aspects of the three countries from a comparative perspective. Third Lecture “Why do I Enjoy CJK Culture Contents?: Pop Culture Fan Dialogue” Date and Time: Saturday, December 20. 2pm Venue: TCS Conference RoomLanguage: Korean TCS Contact: Soo Young YANG (firstname.lastname@example.org) *Those who wish to participate are highly recommended to send an email to the TCS with your name and affiliation to reserve a spot (Free Registration)
- DSG CHEN Feng and LEE Jong-heon attended the Meeting with Representatives from S...
- On 20th November, 2014, Deputy Secretary-General Chen Feng and Lee Jong-heon participated in the meeting to discuss the potential cooperation between international organizations based in Seoul, Republic of Korea (ROK) and Seoul Metropolitan Government (SMG). Representatives from 20 international organizations, including UN office and independent international organizations with headquarters in Seoul, ROK, and officials from SMG headed by Seoul Vice Mayor Mr. CHUNG Hyo-sung participated in the meeting. They shared the view that the meeting served as a useful opportunity for the international organizations and SMG to communicate and boost substantive cooperation in various fields. At the meeting, Deputy Secretary General Lee Jong-heon made a brief introduction of the TCS.
- TCS organized Trilateral Cooperation Dialogue for the 9th Trilateral Future Lead...
- The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) organized Trilateral Cooperation Dialogue for the 9th Trilateral Future Leaders Roundtable Meeting on 13th November, 2014. The Trilateral Future Leaders Roundtable Meeting is one of the major cooperative projects between Japan, China, and Republic of Korea since 2002 organized by three governmental international exchange agencies, Japan Foundation, All-China Youth Federation, and Korea Foundation (*visiting country order). Under the aim of promoting cooperation and mutual trust among the three countries, as well as personal networks and friendly ties among prospective leaders, young leading figures representing parliament, government, economy, academia, media, and culture/NGO shares 11days C-J-K round-trip experience. The TCS Deputy Secretary General Mr. CHEN Feng welcomed the delegation highlighting the importance of face to face communication between leaders of three countries. During the following dialogue session organized under the Chatham house rule, participants readily proposed their ideas on promoting friendly relationship between three countries and affirmed continuous efforts on this issue. Also, they recognized TCS’s effort to compile database and statistics on trilateral relations as an important step forward to better understanding of each other. As a moderator of the session, the TCS Deputy Secretary General Mr. LEE Jong-heon put a high value on discussions about controversial issues to enlarge common ground of understanding among three countries. Group photo Introduction on TC DSG LEE moderating the dialogue session Participants concentrating on the discussion
- SG IWATANI Shigeo attended the 17th ASEAN Plus Three Summit in Nay Pyi Taw, Myan...
- Secretary-General Mr. Iwatani Shigeo attended the 17th ASEAN Plus Three Summit held in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar on November 13, 2014. The Heads of State/Government of ASEAN Member States, the Republic of Korea, Japan, and the People’s Republic of China attended the Meeting. Secretary-General Mr. Iwatani Shigeo attending the Summit together with leaders from the three Countries (from the left) Prime Minister of Japan Shinzō Abe, President of the Republic of Korea Park Geun-hye and Premier of the People’s Republic of China Li KeqiangSecretary-General Mr. Iwatani Shigeo sitting next to Premier of the People’s Republic of China Li Keqiang in the SummitPresident of the Republic of Korea Park Geun-hye attending the SummitPrime Minister of Japan Shinzō Abe attending the SummitPremier of the People’s Republic of China Li Keqiang attending the SummitGroup Photo