EVENT NOTICE:SG IWATANI Shigeo Delivers Keynote Speech at Yonsei North East Asian Network (YN...
- Secretary-General IWATANI Shigeo will deliver a keynote speech at Yonsei Northeast Asian Network (YNEAN) 2014 Forum on August 12. YNEAN is an annual academic forum hosted by Yonsei University gathering university students in Northeast Asia. This year’s forum will be held in Song-do Campus of Yonsei University from August 11 to 15 under the theme of ‘Asian Paradox: Competition or Cooperation’. In the keynote speech, Secretary-General IWATANI will talk about the steady and remarkable progress of trilateral cooperation in recent 20 years.
- TCS participated in the Reception Ceremony of 2014Trilateral Youth Music Exchang...
- Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) attended the reception ceremony of 2014 Trilateral Youth Music Exchange held at Harbor Park Hotel on July 25. 2014 Trilateral Youth Music Exchange is an international youth event that promotes friendship among the youths of China, Japan and Republic of Korea (ROK) by music performances. It was first started from the bilateral exchange between Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan and Beijing City, China in 2011, and developed later into a trilateral event including Incheon City, ROK. The event was hosted by Incheon City for the first time this year from July 25 to 28. During its main event, TEENS ROCK ASIA IN KOREA 2014 (Incheon Culture and Arts Center, July 26), 9 youth bands of the three countries presented wonderful performances. The next event will be held in Beijing City in 2015.
- Women students from CUHK/LU/ICU/SWU visited the TCS - 2014.07.30
- On 30 July, 2014, women students from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Lingnan University of Hong Kong, International Christian University of Japan and Seoul Women’s University of ROK, as part of Global Service Learning (GSL) program of Seoul Women’s University, visited the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS). TCS Deputy Secretary-General Mr. LEE Jong-heon participated the meeting and shared his insights on the TCS's role in promoting trilateral cooperation as well as his perspective on Northeast Asia's cooperative future. The TCS delivered the lecture on the current situation and future vision of trilateral cooperation following the feedback from the students. The participating students actively shared their experiences with the people from the other two countries as well as their views on trilateral cooperation.Group picture
- TCS Hosted a Roundtable with ASEAN Embassies in Seoul - 2014.07.16
- On 16 July, 2014, the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) hosted an ASEAN roundtable with representatives from ASEAN embassies and ASEAN-Korea Center in Seoul. TCS Secretary-General Shigeo Iwatani engaged in an open dialogue with the ASEAN representatives, introducing the TCS’ efforts so far in engaging ASEAN and discussing its future cooperation with ASEAN. Group photo
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES IN 2014 YAP
- Dear YAP applicants, Thank you very much for your interest and support for this year’s Young Ambassador Program. After comprehensive evaluation of the performance of all candidates in YAP interviews which were held from 10-16 July 2014, we would like to announce the final result of the selection of 2014 YAP candidates. Meanwhile, we feel regretful that we are not able to provide more opportunities for all promising candidates. The YAP recruitment team highly appreciate the time and effort you invested in the application and interview, and we look forward to your continued interest and support to our program. The names of successful candidates of 2014 YAP are listed alphabetically hereunder. Name Country University 1 Gao Jingyu China Communication University of China 2 Han Yun China Johns Hopkins University 3 Hiroyuki Tsuruta Japan University of Bath 4 Hong Yu-rah ROK Tsinghua University 5 Kaoru Chiba Japan Seoul Naitonal University 6 Kwon Ji-won ROK Hanyang University 7 Lasse Jygert Denmark Yonsei University 8 Lee Jaeik ROK Yonsei University 9 Lv Yao China Yonsei Univeristy 10 Manuel Jeffrey Ordaniel Sistoso Philippines Japan National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies 11 Myeongsu Ryu ROK International Christian University 12 Park Kyo-yeon ROK Georgetown University 13 TAN Lii Inn Malaysia Korea University 14 Toshiki Matsukiyo Japan Keio University 15 Yumiko Shimogaki Japan SOAS University of London 16 Wu Cuiting China Peking University
- TCS holds the Fifth Lecture of “Three Strands of Asia” - 2014.07.17
- The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) held the fifth public lecture series “Three Strands of Asia” on July 17, 2014. The lecture was delivered by Ms. MURAMATSU Kanako, Chief Representative, Urasenke Seoul Branch about “Tea Cultures of China, Japan and Korea”. Sixty participants from different countries including regular and new attendees came from diverse fields including universities, and private organizations. The lecture by Ms. MURAMATSU traced the history of tea culture and featured how the tea culture among China, Japan and Korea developed their own paths and created varied ways of enjoying the tea throughout the history. The lecture lasted for two hours with lively discussion among the participants.The TCS will continue holding “Three Strands of Asia” every month with renowned professionals from different fields including tradition, social life and popular culture. Those who are interested in this lecture series can check the notice of the upcoming lectures, and videos of the previous lecture from TCS official web.Speaker of the Fifth Lecture, Ms. Muramatsu KanakoGroup Photo