- DSG CHEN Feng and LEE Jong-heon attended the Meeting with Representatives from S...
- On 20th November, 2014, Deputy Secretary-General Chen Feng and Lee Jong-heon participated in the meeting to discuss the potential cooperation between international organizations based in Seoul, Republic of Korea (ROK) and Seoul Metropolitan Government (SMG). Representatives from 20 international organizations, including UN office and independent international organizations with headquarters in Seoul, ROK, and officials from SMG headed by Seoul Vice Mayor Mr. CHUNG Hyo-sung participated in the meeting. They shared the view that the meeting served as a useful opportunity for the international organizations and SMG to communicate and boost substantive cooperation in various fields. At the meeting, Deputy Secretary General Lee Jong-heon made a brief introduction of the TCS.
- TCS organized Trilateral Cooperation Dialogue for the 9th Trilateral Future Lead...
- The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) organized Trilateral Cooperation Dialogue for the 9th Trilateral Future Leaders Roundtable Meeting on 13th November, 2014. The Trilateral Future Leaders Roundtable Meeting is one of the major cooperative projects between Japan, China, and Republic of Korea since 2002 organized by three governmental international exchange agencies, Japan Foundation, All-China Youth Federation, and Korea Foundation (*visiting country order). Under the aim of promoting cooperation and mutual trust among the three countries, as well as personal networks and friendly ties among prospective leaders, young leading figures representing parliament, government, economy, academia, media, and culture/NGO shares 11days C-J-K round-trip experience. The TCS Deputy Secretary General Mr. CHEN Feng welcomed the delegation highlighting the importance of face to face communication between leaders of three countries. During the following dialogue session organized under the Chatham house rule, participants readily proposed their ideas on promoting friendly relationship between three countries and affirmed continuous efforts on this issue. Also, they recognized TCS’s effort to compile database and statistics on trilateral relations as an important step forward to better understanding of each other. As a moderator of the session, the TCS Deputy Secretary General Mr. LEE Jong-heon put a high value on discussions about controversial issues to enlarge common ground of understanding among three countries. Group photo Introduction on TC DSG LEE moderating the dialogue session Participants concentrating on the discussion
- Secretary-General Mr. Iwatani Shigeo attended the 17th ASEAN Plus Three Summit i...
- Secretary-General Mr. Iwatani Shigeo attended the 17th ASEAN Plus Three Summit held in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar on November 13, 2014. The Heads of State/Government of ASEAN Member States, the Republic of Korea, Japan, and the People’s Republic of China attended the Meeting. Secretary-General Mr. Iwatani Shigeo attending the Summit together with leaders from the three Countries (from the left) Prime Minister of Japan Shinzō Abe, President of the Republic of Korea Park Geun-hye and Premier of the People’s Republic of China Li KeqiangSecretary-General Mr. Iwatani Shigeo sitting next to Premier of the People’s Republic of China Li Keqiang in the SummitPresident of the Republic of Korea Park Geun-hye attending the SummitPrime Minister of Japan Shinzō Abe attending the SummitPremier of the People’s Republic of China Li Keqiang attending the SummitGroup Photo
- TCS held the second lecture of ‘TCS LOUPE’ – 2014.11.13
- The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) held the second lecture of ‘TCS LOUPE’ on November 13, 2014. The lecture was delivered by Ms. YANG Soo Young, the Socio-Cultural Officer of TCS on ‘Reflection of CJK Societies on Dramas: Focus on Boys over Flowers’. The lecture by Ms. YANG Soo Young compared different versions of the hit drama ‘Boys over Flowers’ in East Asia, and illustrated how media works reflect each societies in order to induce sympathy and popularity from the audience. The lecture lasted for two hours with a lively Q & A with the audiences. TCS LOUPE stands for ‘Lecture on Uncovering Panoramic East Asia’. The first series covers ‘Pop Culture of China, Japan and Korea’ for the first four months from October to December 2014. The third event on December 20 will be the dialogue among the pop culture fans of the three countries on ‘Why Do I Enjoy CJK Culture Contents’. Second Speaker of the TCS LOUPE, Ms. YANG Soo Young Audience attentively listening to the second lecture
- The 4th Trilateral Campus Harmony Media-Presentation Contest – 2014. 11. 12
- The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) and Korea-China Friendship Association (KCFA) hosted the 4th Trilateral Campus Harmony Media-Presentation Contest in SungkyunKwan University 600 anniversary Hall on 12th November, 2014. On this 4th Contest, total 18 teams applied for the preliminary round and after all, 9 teams competed on final round. Each team organized by three students each from C-J-K studying at universities in ROK had equal opportunities for 10minutes presentation with UCC video. Impassioned presentations and evaluation continued for 3 hours and ended successfully with loud applause. Team Hi-Ssam and team Ambitious shared the honor of first prize together by presenting “One CJK under Hi-Ssam” and “Trilateral Cooperation through multi-cultural families” respectively. Also, team HER-mony got Excellency award by presenting “History-herstory-ourstory”. TCS Deputy Secretary General Mr. LEE Jong-heon expressed his gratitude to KCFA and sponsors for their sincere efforts for the contest. Also, he encouraged students for their creativity and passion on trilateral cooperation. Furthermore, he emphasized the importance of balanced thinking between the sense of reality and creativity for the better future of three countries. Group Photo DSG LEE awarding the First Prize to team Ambitious Presentation of team Hi-Ssam Presentation of team Da-jung
- The 14th Trilateral Policy Dialogue between KIPO, SIPO and JPO was held in Seoul...
- The 14th Trilateral Policy Dialogue between Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO), State Intellectual Property Office of China (SIPO) and Japan Patent Office (JPO) was held on 10 November, 2014 in Seoul, ROK. Commissioner KIM Young-min of KIPO, Commissioner SHEN Changyu of SIPO and Commissioner ITO Hitoshi of JPO attended the meeting. The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) attended this meeting as an observer for the first time. The three Commissioners reviewed the progress in the trilateral intellectual property (IP) cooperation and exchanged ideas on future cooperation. They shared the views that further strengthening IP cooperation among the three Offices would bring mutual benefits to the three Parties. At the meeting, the three Offices had discussions on Patent, Design, Automation, Human Resources Development, Trial and Appeal and updates of TRIPO website etc., and decided to hold the 15th Dialogue in 2015 in China. After the meeting, the three Commissioners signed the Record of Discussion (ROD). The three Commissioners also attended the 2nd Trilateral IP Symposium on 11 November, 2014, co-hosted by KIPO, SIPO and JPO, where users from the three countries exchanged their opinions on the utility model system and other issues.Commissioner SHEN Changyu, Commissioner KIM Young-min and Commissioner ITO Hitoshi at ROD Signing Ceremony