- 2nd Trilateral Director General Level Meeting on Forestry Cooperation held in Je...
- The 2nd Trilateral Director General-Level Meeting on Forestry Cooperation was held on January 22, 2015 in Jeju, ROK. The three delegations headed respectively by Director General LEE Chang-jae of Korea Forest Service, Director-General HONGO Koji of Forest Agency in Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan and Director General SU Chunyu of State Forestry Administration of China attended meeting. Mr. SHIN Won-Sop, Minister of Korea Forest Service and Mr. WON Hee-ryong, Governor of Jeju Special Self-governing Province gave welcoming remarks at the meeting. The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) also attended the meeting for the second time. At the opening remarks by TCS, DSG LEE Jong Heon emphasized that forestry cooperation, as the most promising sustainable mechanism, would bring the tangible outcomes and benefits for promoting trilateral cooperation. At the meeting, the three Parties exchanged in-depth discussions in various agenda, including sustainable forest management, forestry’s climate change response, forest recreation, healing and education as well as cooperation on international forest issues. The three Parties reaffirmed to further strengthen their cooperation in forestry by working out the detailed action plans in relevant agenda. The three Director Generals signed the Minutes of the 2nd Trilateral Director General Level Meeting. The three Parties agreed that the 3rd Meeting will be held in 2016 in Japan. DSG Lee giving opening remarksDSG Lee speaking at the meeting Meeting in process Signing ceremony of the Minutes (DG HONGO Koji of Japan, DG LEE Chang-jae of ROK and DG SU Chunyu of China) Group photo
EVENT NOTICE:4th Lecture of TCS LOUPE - 2015.1.29
- TCS is holding the 4th lecture of TCS LOUPE on January 29, 2015
- TCS held the third lecture of TCS LOUPE – 2014.12.20
- The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) held the third lecture of ‘TCS LOUPE’ on December 20, 2014. Presentations were delivered by the popular culture fans of China, Japan and Korea on ‘Why do I enjoy CJK cultural contents’. The presentations by popular culture fans featured different points of appeal which three countries’ popular cultures have for overseas fans based on their life experiences: The Chinese participant talked about why Chinese audiences enjoy Korean drama while Korean and Japanese participants elaborated their life experiences as J-pop and K-pop fan. Presentations demonstrated the potential of popular culture as a motive to understand other countries’ cultures and societies. The lecture lasted for two hours with a brisk discussion with the audiences. TCS LOUPE stands for ‘Lecture on Uncovering Panoramic East Asia.’ The TCS will continue holding this lecture series with renowned professionals from different fields including tradition, and social life. Those who are interested in this lecture series can check the notice of the upcoming lectures, and videos of the previous lecture from the TCS official web.Three panels (Chinese, Korean, and Japanese from the left) on presentation Audience listening attentively to the presentations Group Photo
- Governor of Jeju Special Self-governing Province Mr. WON Hee-ryong Visited the T...
- Governor of Jeju Special Self-governing Province Mr. WON Hee-ryong visited the TCS office and exchanged views on tangible trilateral cooperation agendas and ways to enhance the cooperation in 2015 Jeju Peace Forum with TCS Secretary-General IWATANI Shigeo on December 19, 2014. Secretary-General IWATANI emphasized the importance of efforts to expand the people to people exchange by local governments and showed gratitude to Governor WON for his hospitality toward TCS sessions during the 9th Jeju Peace Forum. Governor WON requested TCS to recognize the geographical uniqueness of Jeju Island as the center of Northeast Asia and suggested potential trilateral cooperative agendas in disaster management, environment, water resources, FTA, and youth exchange program which had been TCS’s focused areas. They agreed to develop cooperation between the province and TCS to enhance peace and common prosperity in this region. Group PhotoTCS and Governor WON exchanging their views on the trilateral cooperation
- TCS hosted a Session on the Occasion of the Seminar on the 15th Anniversary of T...
- On December 23, 2014, China Foreign Affairs University (CFAU) and Jilin Trilateral Cooperation Studies Centre (TCSC Jilin) co-hosted the Seminar on the 15th Anniversary of Trilateral Cooperation & 1st Trilateral People-to-People Exchange Forum in Changchun, Jilin Province of China. The Seminar & Forum was held as an important track 1.5 event to commemorate the 15th anniversary of trilateral cooperation, inviting former dignitaries, current government officials and eminent scholars of Japan, China, and the Republic of Korea (ROK). TCS, as a co-sponsor of this event, organized a session under the theme of “Exploring the Path toward Mutual Trust and Reconciliation in Northeast Asia” with an aim to find out ways to promote historical reconciliation through comparative discussions on history education systems of the three countries. Secretary-General Iwatani Shigeo moderated the discussion and panelists from the three countries shared their hands-on experiences in writing history textbooks of their respective countries as well as their insights and specific suggestions on the future direction for trilateral cooperation in this field. TCS Secretary-General Iwatani Shigeo delivering a speech at Opening and Keynote Session TCS Secretary-General Iwatani Shigeo moderating the TCS Session titled “Exploring the Path toward Mutual Trust and Reconciliation in Northeast Asia”
- TCS signed the MoU with Jilin Trilateral Cooperation Studies Center (TCSC Jilin)...
- On December 22, 2014, the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Jilin Trilateral Cooperation Studies Center (TCSC Jilin) to promote cooperative exchanges and collaboration to strengthen trilateral cooperation among China, Japan and the ROK. The MoU was signed on the occasion of the Seminar on the 15th Anniversary of Trilateral Cooperation & 1st People-to-People Exchange Forum held on December 23, in Changchun, Jilin Province of China. Secretary-General Iwatani Shigeo also attended the unveiling ceremony held on the sidelines of the Forum to officially launch the Jilin Trilateral Cooperation Studies Center. TCS signed its MoU with Jilin Trilateral Cooperation Studies Center TCS Secretary-General Iwatani Shigeo and Mr. Zhao Qianghua, Director of Jilin Trilateral Cooperation Studies Center, shaking hands after signing the MoU Unveiling Ceremony of Jilin Trilateral Cooperation Studies Center