The TCS is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
- (1) General Service Staff (Socio-Cultural Affairs Officer, G3) (Vacancy number: 2015-SOC-301)
- (2) Number of Position : 2
2. Job description and qualifications
- Under the supervision of the Director of Social and Cultural Affairs, the Socio-Cultural Affairs Officer will be responsible for some or all of the following tasks:
- Provide support for existing consultative mechanisms among the three countries (i.e., Ministerial or other intergovernmental meetings). Specific tasks include assisting the arrangement of official meetings, drafting summary reports/ minutes, implementing projects entrusted by government agencies, etc.
- Organize events, workshops and seminars in the area of social and cultural affairs (i.e. TCS-organized events such as Trilateral Journalist Exchange Program, the Young Ambassador Program and/or events organized in cooperation with other governmental/private organizations)
- Conduct research projects on socio-cultural issues among the three countries (independently or in collaboration with other institutions)
- Explore potential areas and promote the establishment of new trilateral mechanisms, including setting up contact channels with relevant government agencies/non-governmental organizations ;
- Draft speeches/remarks/talking points to be used by the Board Members in events/conferences/business trips, draft documents including summary report of TCS-hosted events; provide all necessary technical support to the Board/Professional Staff by making appointments to meet socio-cultural government officials/organization , arranging business trips, researching data and factual information related to work, etc.
- Draft press releases to be publicized on the TCS website, including their translation ; compile related materials (mainly latest development of trilateral cooperation in socio-cultural areas) into database and translate them; write the socio-cultural section on an annual progress report on trilateral cooperation and get approval from relevant government agencies of all three countries
- Outreach to the media, non-governmental organizations and research institutes for establishing cooperative partnership and securing information resources
- Cross-Departmental tasks may be assigned as may become necessary for interdisciplinary or TCS-wide projects.
- Citizens of China, Japan or ROK
- Master’s level training in Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Regional Studies or other Social Sciences desired. (Other fields can also be considered. Unique specialized backgrounds are welcome, so long as you can convincingly explain how it can be helpful in working for the TCS.)
- Two or more years of working experience in a relevant field will be preferred.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English (working language of the TCS) is essential. Native-level proficiency is expected of your nationality mother tongue. Proficiency in other non-native CJK languages are an asset, but not a requirement.
- Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of common computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point)
3. Employment Conditions
- (1) Starting date: Mid-November, 2015 (negotiable)
- (2) Initial contract for maximum one year including a three-month paid probationary period
- Potential to become a regular employee upon completion of the contract-based employment for 2 contract terms following a performance evaluation
- (3) Duty station: Seoul, Republic of Korea (location of TCS)
- (4) Working hours: Five days a week, 40 hours per week
- (5) Annual salary rate to be applied: KRW40,000,000/year (except probation period)
- (6) Staff benefits: Host Country Social Security (National Pension (except if under A2 visa status), National Health Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, and Industrial Accident Insurance), retirement pension, commuter allowance, overtime pay, etc.
4. Selection Process
- (1) 1st round: Application review
- (2) 2nd round: Writing test via e-mail
- (3) 3rd round: Interview for the applicants who pass the first two rounds
- Applicants who pass the earlier rounds will be individually notified with the date, method and location of the writing test and interview date.
5. Required Documents
- (1) Employment Application Form (attached form)
- (2) Self-introduction letters in English (the letters should be no more than two pages)
- (3) Certificate of the highest level of education
- (4) Official English standardized test scores (e.g. TOEIC, TOEFL, etc.) if available; (If applicable, Chinese, Japanese or Korean standardized test scores (optional))
- (5) (Optional) written materials in English (such as thesis or research papers) that show your past experience and research ability
6. How to Apply
- (1) Application should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- (2) Application Period: 2015.09.23 ~ 2015.10.18
- The subject of the email must state, “TCS application_name_vacancy number”
- Applications which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the application form is deemed to be false
If you have any other inquiries, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.