The TCS is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
- (1) General Service Staff (Economic Affairs Officer, G3) (Vacancy number: 2014-ECO-202)
2. Job description and qualifications
- Under the supervision of the Director of Economic Affairs, the Economic Affairs Officer will be responsible for some or all of the following tasks:
- Provide support for existing consultative mechanisms among the three countries (i.e., Ministerial or other inter-governmental meetings). Specific tasks include assisting the arrangement of official meetings, drafting summary reports/ minuets, implementing projects entrusted by government agencies, publishing promotional materials, etc.
- Plan and organize workshops and seminar in the areas of economic affairs and sustainable development (e.g., CJK FTA Seminar, Trilateral Business Networking Event), independently or in collaboration with other organizations
- Conduct research projects on key issues of trilateral cooperation in the areas of economy and sustainable development independently or in collaboration with other organizations; compile and disseminate research outcomes through publications or TCS website; update annual data of the Trilateral Statistics Booklet
- Explore potential cooperative areas and promote the establishment of new trilateral mechanisms, including setting up contact channels with relevant government agencies/ non-governmental organizations, representatives of the business community, and conducting preliminary research
- The incumbent must be familiar with the working culture and habits of Japan and be capable of establishing and maintaining confidence-based working relationships with governmental, business-and other counterparts in Japan.
- Provide all technical support to the Board/ Professional Staff in any events/ conferences/ business trips/ media interviews by drafting speeches/ remarks/ talking points, surveying relevant data and drafting briefing papers, drafting documents including summary reports of TCS-hosted events, arranging business trips, etc.
- Compile related materials (mainly latest development of trilateral cooperation in the areas of economic affairs) into database and translate them; draft press release to be publicized on the TCS website, including their translation; write the economics-related sections of TCS Annual Report as well as annual Progress Report of the Trilateral Cooperation and get approval from relevant government agencies of all three countries
- Outreach to other international organizations, non-governmental organizations and research institutes for establishing cooperative partnership and securing information resources
- Cross-Departmental tasks may be assigned as may become necessary for interdisciplinary or TCS-wide projects
- Citizens of Japan, China or Republic of Korea with native proficiency in Japanese
- Master’s level training in Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Regional Studies or other Social Sciences desired. (Other fields can also be considered.
- Two or more years of working experience in a relevant field will be preferred.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English (working language of the TCS) is essential. Proficiency in other non-native CJK languages are an asset, but not a requirement.
- Team player who can work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of common computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point)
3. Employment Conditions
- (1) Starting date: March, 2015 (negotiable)
- (2) Initial contract for maximum one year including a three-month paid probationary period
- Potential to become a regular employee upon completion of the contract-based employment for 2 contract terms following a performance evaluation
- (3) Duty station: Seoul, Republic of Korea (location of TCS)
- (4) Working hours: Five days a week, 40 hours per week
- (5) Annual salary rate to be applied: KRW40,000,000/year (except probation period)
- (6) Staff benefits: Host Country Social Security (National Pension (except if under A2 visa status), National Health Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, and Industrial Accident Insurance), retirement pension, commuter allowance, overtime pay, etc.
4. Selection Process
- (1) 1st round: Application review
- (2) 2nd round: Writing test via e-mail
- (3) 3rd round: Interview for the applicants who pass the first two rounds
- Applicants who pass the earlier rounds will be individually notified with the date, method and location of the writing test and interview date.
5. Required Documents
- (1) Employment Application Form (attached form)
- (2) Self-introduction letters in both English and Japanese (the letters should be no more than two pages each)
- (3) Certificate of the highest level of education
- (4) Official English standardized test scores (e.g. TOEIC, TOEFL, etc.) if available; (If applicable, Chinese, Japanese or Korean standardized test scores (optional))
- (5) (Optional) written materials in English (such as thesis or research papers) that show your past experience and research ability
6. How to Apply
- (1) Application should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- (2) Application Period: 2015.01.13 ~ 2015.01.31
- The subject of the email must state, “TCS application_name_vacancy number”
- Applications which have been submitted will not be returned, and admission may be revoked if the information on the application form is deemed to be false
If you have any other inquiries, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.